Eclectic quotations accumulating in Hell's Kitchen, NY, USA.

20041009

"Dear Friends,

By the time you read this, I will have reported to a minimum-security prison in Alderson, West Virginia, to begin serving my five-month sentence.

As I announced in September, although my lawyers remain very confident in the strength of my appeal and will continue to pursue it on my behalf, I have decided to serve my sentence now because I want to put this nightmare behind me as quickly as possible for the good of my family and my company.

While I am away, my updates here will be less frequent, if not altogether impossible. But please know this change is only an unfortunate reflection of my current circumstances, and in no way diminishes my commitment to my life’s work or to the friends, colleagues, customers and supporters who make it possible.

I am overwhelmed that this website has received more than 40 million hits since its creation, and even more so that almost 200,000 supporters have taken the time to write and share their thoughts. As always, I extend my deepest appreciation for the continuing encouragement I have received throughout this ordeal from so many wonderful people.

With your good wishes in my heart, I am looking forward to being back at work in March, and to many brighter days ahead.

Sincerely,
Martha Stewart"

-- Martha Stewart, on her website yesterday.