Eclectic quotations accumulating in Hell's Kitchen, NY, USA.

20050630

"What is your core unmet need? Maybe when you were young you needed someone to tell you that you were special, smart or lovable, and you're still looking for that today. Maybe you need to be validated; to be told that "you did it right". (Just think of the amount of time many of us spend trying to be right. And when they don't acknowledge that we're right, we're hurt and angry.) Perhaps you need to know that you belong, that you're important, or that you're good enough. For some of us, it is the need to be heard or seen.

"Although there is a fine line distinguishing the subtle differences between some of our needs, the particularities and specific nuances are significant in getting to the core of what your wounded self is asking for. Look with total honesty and sincerity for the unmet need that drives you, and then turn your attention fully toward that - giving that to yourself with a whole new level of passion and commitment. After all, we are designed to meet our own needs. And when we finally begin to meet them ourselves, we are free to interact with the world without hidden agendas.

"Take Action Now!

"Once you distinguish your core unmet need, look through the lens of 100% responsibility - "I'm responsible for fulfilling this need. Not God. Not my parents. Not my spouse. Not my children." From this place of honesty and empowerment, ask yourself the following questions:

- What do I need on a daily basis to meet this need? What would I need to know? What would I need to say to myself?
- What are the boundaries I need to put in place - internally or externally?
- Are there certain people I feel better around than others?
- What kind of support do I need?
- What kind of compassion and understanding do I need?

"Give yourself whole-heartedly to the fulfillment of your core need over the next 30 days, and watch your world transform."

-- Debbie Ford, DebbieFord.com