Eclectic quotations accumulating in Hell's Kitchen, NY, USA.

20040622

"I'm a huge homo. Which means, of course, that I can't be married ­not now, not in the United States. Allowing me to marry my boyfriend would imperil lasting, stable heterosexual marriages like the one Britney Spears enjoyed for 55 hours earlier this [year]. Still, I've been with the same guy for nine years now (78,840 hours so far, but who's counting?); he stays at home and looks after our kid, and I go to work and sort through e-mail from freaks like you. We act pretty married for a couple of non-married threats to the sacred institution. Oh, if only we lived in Canada, where gay people can get married, despite the damage gay marriage does to lasting, stable heterosexual unions! Canadian pop star Celine Dion recently fled to Las Vegas to save her marriage from marauding gay married couples in Toronto, Calgary, Halifax, and Vancouver."
-- Dan Savage in Savage Love.