Eclectic quotations accumulating in Hell's Kitchen, NY, USA.

20041106

"I want to thank John Kerry for running a strong campaign, and for laying out his hope and vision for America. My thanks and my thoughts go out to John and Teresa, and to John and Elizabeth Edwards, and both of their families.

"I campaigned across the country on behalf of John Kerry and I am disappointed by the results of this election. But I am determined to work harder than ever in the Senate for the causes important to our future, like improving access to health care, strengthening the economy, protecting civil rights and fighting for wiser security policies that will truly keep us safe at home and abroad.

"I congratulate President Bush on his victory and I am pleased to hear his commitment to uniting America. I also urge him to take this moment to reach out to our allies and unite the world through a leadership built on respect."

-- Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, in an e-mail to her supporters, this week.