Eclectic quotations accumulating in Hell's Kitchen, NY, USA.

20040816

"I want to invite you to assess the strength of your own personal foundation, and if necessary, to construct a plan of action to restore it. You can do this by asking yourself the following questions:

1. Are there areas of my life that are in need of my attention?
2. Do I engage in behaviors that repeatedly cause me stress and bad feelings?
3. Am I suffering from some kind of addiction - whether it's to food, sex, shopping, overworking, over-exercising or gossiping?
4. Is there an aspect of my life that I try to hide, like my finances or my sexuality?
5. Is there some area of my life in which I am not taking 100% responsibility for my current conditions or circumstances?

Next, look to see what it would take to rebuild your personal foundation so that it supports you in creating the things you most desire. I want to encourage you to focus on the area of your life that most needs your attention. What you will find is that the places in your life where you've suffered the most offer you the greatest potential for reward. If you dedicate the time and energy to deal with this part of your life, you will create momentum that will translate into every other area."

-- Debbie Ford